Sunday, April 12, 2020

Puck Drop: Picking the NCAA Tournament (Minneapolis Star Tribune)

With no Frozen Four played, the next best thing was to make my picks how the 2020 NCAA Tournament would play out regardless.

I joined Randy Johnson of the Minneapolis Star Tribune to pick the men's tournament. As a two-time defending bracket champion, I was happy to use my method* and expertise. In a sport where parity and upsets rule, my bracket includes its share of upsets while telling some fun and fantastic stories. There's a Frozen Four with a pair of first-time teams. Denver goes through a pair of teams it got revenge on and the West Regional features the biggest upset of the group.

Congrats to Minnesota State, winners of my mythical 2020 Frozen Four. Let me know when I should expect an invitation to raise the banner.

The entire bracket, along with Randy's picks, can be found in two parts.

Part I (Regional Weekend): https://www.startribune.com/no-ncaa-tournament-we-re-making-our-picks-anyway/569157512/

Part II (Frozen Four): https://www.startribune.com/frozen-four-is-shelved-but-not-these-mythical-championship-picks/569536682/

*This method for winning being "pick the Atlantic Hockey autobid to upset No. 1 overall seed St. Cloud State."

--
If you enjoyed this blog, you can follow Nate on Twitter and like/subscribe to his Facebook page. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment