Monday, March 5, 2018

Feature: Taylor Williamson "overcame the impossible" to get back to Gophers (The Athletic)

During the first period of Minnesota’s first game, Taylor Williamson quietly left the bench. She didn’t return for over three months.

To get back to her spot at Ridder Arena, where Minnesota will this weekend try to escape the NCAA tournament bubble and win an automatic bid through the WCHA Final Faceoff, was far from a guarantee.

“I was the only person who in my head thought I could do it,” Williamson told The Athletic. “If you would have asked the doctors, my coaches, my teammates, the way they would had seen me at my lowest point, easily people would have said there’s no way Taylor is going to make it.”

Nothing has been easy for Williamson in a year which saw the 21-year-old undergo brain surgery, be diagnosed with a rare neuromuscular disorder and, in her words, overcome the impossible.


Click here to read the rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment